My Statement (Yet Casual) Event Look | Outfit of the Day

I’m a denim girl at heart

How I style blue mid waited jeans to a casual event.  Yes, blue!  
You’ll rarely catch me outside without a pair of jeans on - I literally wear them every single day. (Well, at least if I leave my house.) So you know going to an event and finding a way to wear my mid rise denim is going to happen.



Over the weekend, one of my talented friends Cat (@blvckcvtty) had a few painted pieces exhibited with Unity Charity; a Canadian based non-profit organization that aims to build uplifting communities of young creators, through hip hop and other artistic outlets.  Cat often shares the process of her art pieces on her IG stories, from sketch to final touches, so to see the completed version sitting on display deepened my appreciation for her work.

For my outfit, I decided to build on the staple blue denim with an equally integral striped blouse.  A black belt because, well, I only own black belts.  (Drop a recommendation if you have one!)   My signature houndstooth jacket - literally the best nordstrom rack find - helped balance the staple and statement pieces. For fun, I threw in a pair of trendy white boots and the best high-key bag ever.

Top: Lewit
Jeans: COS
Belt: Gucci
Jacket: The Kooples
Boots: Kenneth Cole Reaction
Bag: Dior




It’s important to put your best foot forward, especially for an event, so I felt all the more confident wearing my closet favourites.

Enjoy the spring weather,

and see you next week,

Dechen

No comments

Post a Comment